Car crashes are downright scary, even if the aftermath is limited to frazzled nerves and a few scratches to your new paint job. If you’ve been fortunate enough to avoid fender benders so far, don’t get your hopes up—chances are you’ll experience multiple car accidents throughout your driving life.
The good news is that these crashes are usually non-fatal. The bad news is they’re expensive. This combination inspires many folks to file auto insurance claims, wherein the driver must provide a detailed description of their automobile misfortunes. Any number of causes may be blameworthy, from unwary pedestrians to driver distraction to the malevolent vehicles themselves. At least, that’s what the folks behind the wheel say. One can only imagine what these drivers were thinking when they filed the following descriptions with their insurance claims.
15. “The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him.”
Pedestrians, have a plan in mind in case you encounter a driver like this. Run in ONE direction!
14. “The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again.”
Stay down. Just stay down.
13. “I bumped into a lamp-post that was obscured by human beings.”
Luckily, the human beings cushioned the impact.
12. “The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.”
It didn’t work.
11. “I was knocked out as a result of the collision and was taken to the hospital where I sustained serious injuries.”
Forget about collisions, it’s the hospitals that are really dangerous.
10. “The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.”
The direct cause remains unclear.
9. “I had one eye on a parked car, another on approaching lorries, and another on the woman behind.”
And if there was a fourth eye involved, it would definitely have been on the road.
These next explanations speak for themselves.
8. “The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.”
7. “I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought.”
6. “The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal.”
5. “I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.”
4. “I saw the slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.”
3. “A cow wandered into my car. I was afterwards informed that the cow was half-witted.”
2. “I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket.”
1. “I left my car unattended for a minute and, whether by accident or design, it ran away.”
You never know what you’ll encounter on the road. Hopefully you won’t be confronted by the need to file an insurance claim anytime soon, but when an accident happens (and they do—there are half-witted cows wandering around out there), you want to be fully insured to make sure the damage to your vehicle or expensive medical bills won’t cost you any more than necessary. Request a quote from Gem Agency today!